Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Barb Reinhardt Barb Reinhardt is offline

Default Extracting chart title from Embedded Excel Chart in PowerPoint

I have the following snippet of code in function "FindGraphObjectTitle"

Function FindGraphObjectTitle(myShape As Shape) As String

Dim myOLEFormat As OLEFormat
Dim myGraphObject As Object
Dim myExcelObject As Excel.ChartObject

Set myOLEFormat = myShape.OLEFormat

FindGraphObjectTitle = "N/A"

If myOLEFormat.ProgID Like "MSGraph*" Then
FindGraphObjectTitle = "No MSGraph Title"
Set myGraphObject = myOLEFormat.Object
With myGraphObject
If .HasTitle Then
FindGraphObjectTitle = myGraphObject.ChartTitle.Text
End If
End With
ElseIf myOLEFormat.ProgID Like "Excel*" Then
FindGraphObjectTitle = "No Excel Title"

'Need your help here
End With

End If
End Function

I have no idea what to do with this. I can't seem to figure out the code
to get to the Excel chart . I know the code within excel to get the title,
but the OLEObject piece has me stumped.

Thanks,
Barb Reinhardt