Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JDaywalt JDaywalt is offline

Default Working with protected files...

I have a file containing many sheet tabs and macro "buttons". The files are
protected & I want to protect the files so users have these basic options:

- Run macros by clicking the designated "buttons" or "drop-down boxes"
- Use available auto filters
- Enter data into designated cells
- Expand column width or row height if necessary to view all data

Here are my two questions:

1) Is there any way--other than adding protect/unprotect code into each
module--to set a protection status in Excel that allows users to run macros
that are assigned to the various buttons/drop-downs?

2) When choosing protection options via the Excel menu, I don't see an
option that allows users to manually 'resize' the column or row based on
viewing needs (you can insert/delete---which I don't want allow--but I don't
see a sizing option). Is there an expanded set of lock/unlock options that
can be built using VB?