Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
stefan onken stefan onken is offline

Default Divide Use column headings - Indirect?

hi Darin,
Excel has a function called INDIRECT().
in A1 of your consolidated sheet is cat, then in A2
=(INDIRECT(A1&"!A1")+INDIRECT(A1+"!C3"))/INDIRECT(A1&"!B3")

copying this formula to B2 changes A1 (cat) to B1 (dog) automatically

stefan

On 9 Jun., 12:27, Darin Kramer wrote:
*** similar to my previous query, but different!****

Howdie!

so situation is

Several Tabs (similar contents but different names) and a consolidated
Tab.
Within the Consolidated tab Cols A to Z each have a unique header (these
are the names of other tabs in the same book)
say Col A = Cat, Col B = Dog etc (ie we thus have a sheets entitled Cat,
dog, etc...)

In the consolidated tab I want to put a formulae In column A that
performs the following calC: From (Tab entitled Cat) , add cell a1 and
cell c3 and then divide by b3.
Now I could just say
=(Cat!a1+:Cat!a1c3)/Cat!b3, but then I would manually have to change cat
to dog
for each of my columns.
I Any ideas???

Regards