Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Help with formula

On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 22:20:19 -0700, "DonV" wrote:

I have a formula I use to calculate a date that is 21 days after a given
date.

=WORKDAY(C3,21)+7-WEEKDAY(WORKDAY(C3,21)-6)

This would return a date 21 days from a given date plus the Friday after 21
days. (not sure this made sense)

Anyway, I need to modify the formula to return a date that is based on Net
30 from a given date.

If you want a straight 30 days after your original date, then:

=C3+30

If you want to count 30 days, but then go to the next business day (e.g. if
c3+30 falls on a Sat, Sun or holiday) then use:

=WORKDAY(C3+29,1,holidays)

Where holidays is a reference to a list of holidays. It is optional so you
don't need to include it.
--ron