Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Kruncher Kruncher is offline

Default GetSaveAsFilename Troubles

On Jun 7, 7:20*pm, ward376 wrote:
You have to specify the file format for xl 2007 files.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/saveas.htm

Cliff Edwards

Thanks for the lead Cliff, but I'm not actually trying to save the
file, so I'm having some trouble trying to see how Ron's example
applies. I'm just want to use the dialog so that the user can navigate
easily, and select an existing file or supply a new file name.

The file name returned by the dialog will be used for another purpose.

In addition to the xlsx extension, I also want to make *.dbf, *.txt,
*.* (anything) and a couple of others as well, available choices for
the user.