Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Minitman Minitman is offline

Default Find The Last Used Row

Hey FSt1,

Thanks for the reply.

Your solution will only work if I add .Row to the end of that
statement like this:
lLastRow = Sheets("CustList").Cells("65536", _
"A").End(xlUp).Rows.Offset(1, 0).Row

The key was the "s" on Rows, which made it a type mismatch, until the
addition of .Row at the tail end. Now this modification works.

However, I do appreciate the attempt.

-Minitman

On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 15:06:01 -0700, FSt1
wrote:

hi
llastrow is declared as a long which is a number.
the offset method applies to a range object so you have a type mismatch.
instead of....
lLastRow = Sheets("CustList").Cells("65536", _
"A").End(xlUp).Rows.Offset(1, 0)
use...
lLastRow = Sheets("CustList").Cells("65536", _
"A").End(xlUp).Rows + 1

regards
FSt1

"Minitman" wrote:

Greetings,

I am trying to display the last row in column A in a MsgBox with this
code on a CommandButton with this code:
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Dim lLastRow As Long
lLastRow = Sheets("CustList").Cells("65536", _
"A").End(xlUp).Rows.Offset(1, 0)
MsgBox "Last row plus 1 = " & lLastRow

The MsgBox says "Last Row plus 1 = 0"

There are 2913 rows in column A..

Can anyone see what is wrong with this code?

Any help will be appreciated.

-Minitman