Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
soccerdav2003 soccerdav2003 is offline

Default Macro to go to last row with values and average previous 30 values

Hi Guru's
I'm new (clueless) writing macros in VB.

I have an application where I'm reading data from an Agilent DataLogger
using a program called intuit (complimentary excel add-in from Agilent)

As data records, it enters into a row and indexes and continues on until it
either times our or I kill it.

I would like to be able to write a program that will allow me to
automatically read the average of the last 30 values continuously and read
them in the first Row of my spreadsheet, since the only way I can currently
do this is stop the program, go to the last 30 sets of data, and calculate
the average.

When I currently do this, I have to stop the data logger and then restart
(pause doesn't work)

When I hit go, the data logger starts on line 1, which means I loose all the
previous history.

In using VB, I'm trying to use the formula command to average inside the
macro, but when I run it, it seems to be getting confused.

I'm also not exactly sure if I should use a do while loop or a counter or
what.
Any ideas would be extremely helpful.