Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
aqualibra aqualibra is offline

Default Excel VBA 2007 - Combo Box

Thanks. This is helpful, but how do I code it if the data is in excel already.

X - x1, x2, x3 range B3:B5
Y - y1, y2 , y3 range D3:D6

Thanks in advance

"ShaneDevenshire" wrote:

Here is some sample code:

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
Me.ComboBox1.AddItem ("X1")
Me.ComboBox1.AddItem ("X2")
End Sub

Private Sub ComboBox2_Enter()
If UCase(Me.ComboBox1) = "X1" Then
Me.ComboBox2.Clear
Me.ComboBox2.AddItem ("Y1")
Me.ComboBox2.AddItem ("Y2")
ElseIf UCase(Me.ComboBox1) = "X2" Then
Me.ComboBox2.Clear
Me.ComboBox2.AddItem ("Y2")
Me.ComboBox2.AddItem ("Y3")
Me.ComboBox2.AddItem ("Y5")

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"aqualibra" wrote:

I am new to VBA.

I have two variables X with values x1, x2, x3

and Y with values y1, y2, y3, y4

I want to create two combo boxes for each of the variables. However, the
values selected for variable Y is dependent on the values selected for
variable X. For eg: If I select x1 for X, then the only possible outcomes for
Y can by y3, y4; or is I select x2 then the only possible outcomes can be y1,
y2, y3 and if I select x3 then the any value in Y can be selected.

I want to write the code in VBA. Is this possible.