Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Darin Kramer Darin Kramer is offline

Default Summing using column Heading

Howdie!

so situation is

Several Tabs (similar contents but different names) and a consolidated
Tab.
Within the Consolidated tab Cols A to Z each have a unique header (these
are the names of other tabs in the same book)
say Col A = Cat, Col B = Dog etc (ie we thus have a sheets entitled Cat,
dog, etc...)

In the consolidated tab I want to put a formulae In column A that says
sum, from (Tab entitled Cat) , rows 1 to 5. Now I could just say
=sum(Cat!a7:a10), but then I would manually have to change cat to dog
for each of my columns.
I really want to say sum(the contents of cell a1 on the consolidated
sheet!a7:a10) Any ideas???

Regards