Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] gappodi@gmail.com is offline

Default ReadOnly TextBox from ControlSource

On Jun 5, 8:58 pm, Dave Peterson wrote:
Drop the ControlSource and just populate the textbox via code:

Option Explicit
Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
With Me.TextBox1
.Value = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("a1").Te xt
.Enabled = False
End With
End Sub

Have you thought of using a Label instead of a textbox?

wrote:

Hello,

I have a TextBox in a Form that has the ControlSource property set to
read values from a Cell which has a formula.

I have set Enabled to "false" so that users cannot enter data in the
TextBox. (read-only from the cell)

Somehow the formula in the linked cell is replaced by the value. Looks
like the textbox is pushing the value to the cell.

How can I prevent the TextBox to put any value into the LinkedCell.
(It should just display whatever value is in the linked cell not not
clear the formula)

Thankyou.
Gap

--

Dave Peterson

Thanks Dave.
Yes thought about the Label, but it doesn't have a ControlSource.
How to link a label to a Cell?