Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
SteveDB1 SteveDB1 is offline

Default column width and row height formatting, & IF

Hi all.
I've recorded a macro, and in part of it I want to look at a specific group
of columns' widths.
I.e., I want to know if a column is less than a standard, or predetermined
width, and if so, delete that column. Someone has placed a series of "buffer"
columns to act as spacers, and they're unnecessary for our purposes, so I
want to delete them, and doing this by hand is really time consuming.
I've read some of the posts, and I'm wondering if the following will work.

dim MyCol as range

if MyCol.columnwidth<X 'where X is my choice of width.

myCol.select

Selection.Delete Shift:=xlToLeft

end if

Similarly, I want to do something identical with row heights.
would
dim MyRow as range

if MyRow.rowheight < Y 'where Y is my predetermined height value

MyRow.select
Selection.Delete Shift:=xlUp
end if

Thanks for your responses.