Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
flubio123 flubio123 is offline

Default Using a Macro to Open IE, then get the Source of an ID

Hello. I am trying to use VBA to create a Macro for Excel and this is what I
am trying to figure out:
The Macro should execute IE,
the user can then browse until they come to a certain page they need.
They can then click a button in Excel to get the InnerHTML of a static ID.
This source is then saved to either a file or returned as a string.
So far this is what I was thinking...
I call on createprocess which executes IE which return the process ID and
other information.
where I get stuck - When the user is done and clicks the button the
processID is used to get the HTML source in some way. I don't know what to do
at this point.