Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ken Johnson Ken Johnson is offline

Default Simultaneous scrolling for 3 worksheets

On Jun 5, 12:27 am, Martin Lindberg wrote:
Hi there!

I happened to find your conversation and I am right in the middle of the same problem that TomThumb had before he got Ken's solution. However, I am an Excel beginner and I have no clue on how to get this code working.

I have pasted it into my "ThisWorkBook", saved everything, reopened the file and checked so that the code is still there. I allow macros and the document opens up but then when I scroll I still do not get the sheets to scroll simultainously.

Since I am a beginner and I know of no VBA perhaps I am missing something. I would be really glad if one of you guys could help me out as this would be really useful for me at work.

Thanks in advance!

/Martin

Hi Martin and TomThumb,

It doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong Martin so I can't
see why it isn't working.
Maybe your definition of worksheet synchronization is different to
ours.
With this code, when the user changes sheets the new active sheet will
be positioned the same as the previous active sheet. For example, if
the top left cell on the previous active sheet was AA55 then the new
active sheet will have AA55 in the top left corner. Also, the range of
selected cells on the new active sheet will be the same as the range
of cells that were selected on the previous active sheet.
I tried TomThumb's altered code and discovered that the changes made
appear to suit only workbooks set up a particular way eg at least 7
worksheets are needed to avoid an error and a cell on sheet1 is
referred to that results in an error if the value in that cell is less
than 3.

TomThumb, I'm not sure what you mean here...

This code extends the previous code to conserve selected areas as well.

I thought that the original code already does this. Or, is my
understanding of "conserve selected areas" wrong?

If you are still having problems getting it to work Martin you could
email me a workbook with your attempt for me to have a look at...

"gmail.com" account with name "kencjohnson"

Ken Johnson