Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike H. Mike H. is offline

Default Math function...

Put this in F8:

=IF(ISTEXT(D8)=TRUE,"",E8-D8)

"Jacob" wrote:

I hope there is a simple fix to this. I am trying to subtract two columns...

D8 - E8 =F8

F8 equation is this =E8-D8

In D8, throughout the spread sheet has a couple of lines with text opposed
to numbers....in this case, I am presented with #VALUE!. Management does not
want the text to go away. In other words, they want to see the reason there
is no price in that cell. Is there a way to Null out the text so I can only
show the number value in E8 and display the amount in F8???

Any help with this matter is greatly appreciated.