Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] RJQMAN@gmail.com is offline

Default Make 1st word in cell bold after combining words from two cells

I am combining the words from two cells, and I would like to change
the font of the first word in the combined cell. However, I keep
getting the font of the entire cell to change.

The cell has this formula, which draws text from two other pages in
the workbook, and it works fine

=Paragraphs!C8&" "&Details!B2

The first cell has about 60 characters in it, and the second cell
about 30 or so. The length of the first cell never varies, but the
length of the second cell does.

OK. So now the correct text is in the target cell. Now I want to
make the first word bold-face. I could not figure out how to do it
without VBA, so I tried to do this in single statement in a VBA
subroutine. It caused the entire cell to turn bold face..

ActiveCell.Characters(Start:=1, Length:=1).Font.FontStyle = "Bold"

What can I do? Any help is appreciated.