Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Zych Tim Zych is offline

Default Installing Add-In problem

Hmm, if the addin is loaded properly and Auto_Add exists, it could be a
syntax error somewhere else that is throwing off the compiler. Make sure
everything compiles with Option Explicit at the top of every module, form,
etc, then Debug-- Compile.

--
Tim Zych
www.higherdata.com

"mark" wrote in message
Hi.

I have an Add-In that I wrote, and within it, there are three subroutines.
To test it, I have a regular workbook, which calls each of the three
possiblities within the Add-in.

The first returns data to the activesheet, and always works.

The second returns a Pivot Cache, and always works.

The third takes an array of values, and returns data about each of the
values.

The program line to set install the Add-In, is :

AddIns("IT Reports Add-In").Installed = True

for each of the three subroutines.

When I try to run the third one, it is giving me an error that says:

"Run-time error '-2147352565 (8002000b)':

The macro 'ITReportsAddin.xla!Auto_Add' cannot be found."

If I press the Debug button, change nothing, and continue the code, it
works
fine.

If I manually pre-set the Add-In to be checked, it works fine.

It seemed like the Add-In might not be fully loading before trying to
continue, so I tried a DoEvents , and I tried giving it a loop to count
for a
while... neither helped.

I don't want to leave the Add-In checked (which would let this work),
because then when people use their computers at home, where the Add-In is
not
available (because it's on our network), Excel would give them the can't
find
add-in error.

Can someone help me figure out what's happening, and how I can fix it?

Thanks,
Mark