Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
PCLIVE PCLIVE is offline

Default Multiple instances of Excel

I'm assuming you have two monitors. Are you able to have Excel displayed on
either monitor as desired? When you make it full screen, is it only on that
monitor and not across both?

If yes, then there are two ways to possibly do this. Stretch the Excel
window across both monitors and then go to Window | Arrange and select the
desired option.

However, what I think you want is pretty much what you already said. You
need to have two instances of Excell open. This is not done by opening
second Excel workbook. You have to just open Excel by double-clicking on
the Excel icon from the programs menu. Again, this is not done by opening
another .xls file.

Then you should be able drag one instance to one monitor and another
instance to the other. I do this all the time.

HTH,
Paul

--

wrote in message
I know I can run multiple instances of excel (I do it all the time to
compare workbooks) but what I would like to do is "pop-out" a workbook
from the instance of excel so that i can have one workbook on my left
screen and one on my right but i can still link by clicking in each.
Any ideas, or utilities?

Thanks.