JemyM

Ok, I try.

Lets say I have theese attributes):
Dexterity: 15
Intelligence: 18
Perception: 10

Theese values are present in the stylesheet.

I have theese skills:
Dance (Dexterity): 10
Science (Intelligence): 15
Search (Perception): 28

Theese values are also present in the stylesheet.
Within () you can read the attribute associated with each skill.

I now want to increase each skill 5 steps

Dance 15
Science: 20
Search: 33

I want to type that in a Cell, and then get how much xp I must spend
using the following rule:

Below the ATTRIBUTE a SKILL cost 1 XP to increase +1.
Above the ATTRIBUTE a SKILL cost 3 XP to increase +1.

And now to the examples:
Dance cost me 5 points. 10-15. Since I have 15 in the attribute
(Dexterity) I only need to pay 1 point per +1. If I type 15, the
stylesheet should say "5".

Science is a bit more difficult. Each step between 15-18 is 1 each, but
becouse the attribute (Intelligence) is 18, I must pay 3 points for my
final two steps up to 20.
15-18=3 points
19-20=6 points
= 9 points
If I type 20, the stylesheet should say "9".

Finally we have the exceptional search skill. The skill here is almost
tripple the attribute (perception), but still we should only need to
spend 3 points per step.
28-33=5*3=15 points
If I type 33, the stylesheet should say "15".

Barb Reinhardt Wrote:
I'm having some difficulty wrapping my brain around what you want. Can
you
give a table with specific examples of what you expect? Give me the
following examples:

New skill old skill
New skill = old skill
New skill < old skill

Also show the variation of what can happen for attributes as well.

--
JemyM
JemyM's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26945