Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joel joel is offline

Default Displaying data from multiple spreadsheets into one spreadshee

two more questions

1) Allworksheets, activeworsheet, or specific names
2) All sub-folders under a root directory? Some people put the names of
each file in the worksheet in a column, then opens each of the file name
using the worksheet. Do you need all *.xls files or using a filter (looking
for name starting with or contain some string)?

"Robin" wrote:

oops, srry i meant workbooks. also the workbooks are all in different folders.

"Joel" wrote:

Do you meand spreadsheets or workbooks?

Speadsheets can be copied within one workbook without activating each sheet.

Workbooks have to be opened to copy the sheets, but the original workbooks
can be closed without altering the data or the data of the workbook.

"Robin" wrote:

Hello

I am new to using macros so i need some help to create a macro that copies
data from a bunch of spreadsheets(about 20) and displays the data in one
spreadsheet. Also is it possiable to do this without actually opening the
spreadsheets that I want to copy the data from?

Thanks
Robin