Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLGWhiz JLGWhiz is offline

Default modify macro-- .columns()

Your question is a little ambiguous but try this scenariao:

myColVar = InputBox("enter a column number", "Column")
Cells(myRng1.Row, myColVar).Offset(1, 0)

I might have misinterpreted what you were attempting with your code snippet.

"SteveDB1" wrote:

Hi all.
Hope everyone is having as great a day as I am.....Or better... 8-)
In one of my macros, I'm using:

myRng1.EntireRow.Columns(8).Offset(1, 0)

While it's working good, I've come to realize that with the columns(), I'd
like it to be where I choose it, and not specifically at column H.
There've been a few instances where I have data in H, and it does what I've
told it--in the code-- thus overwriting that data, and in reality, that's not
what I want.

So, my question, what would it take to generically place the initial data at
my location/column of choice?

Thank you.
Best.