Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] baobob@my-deja.com is offline

Default How do you find WHERE Excel splits your wrapped string?

Peter:

Again, thanks much for gargantuan help. I believe I'm now completely
clarified, for example:

- I cannot indeed do this in a UDF.

- Re. my autofit Q, just awhile ago I too had a "Duh" moment wherein I
realized that you were suggesting autofit by way of a HELPER column. I
had indeed missed the point (thinking you were somehow talking about
resizing the cell where the string itself lived).

- I didn't know (or didn't pick up before) about the autofit fudge
factor.

So yes, I'll see if I can't work your code into an event. That sounds
good.

(And, I'm not worried about the user resizing the text afterward. The
user is me, and if I ever need to resize--which will likely happen--
I'll just go thru them all and re-fire the event.)

Again: I Am Not Worthy; I Bow Down Before You; etc. etc.

***