Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Inserting an image

In addition to Norman's suggestion of John's lookuppics which is limited to one
picture at a time you could download Bernie Dietrick's sample workbook which
allows for more than one picture to be shown.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/excelfiles.html#DataVal

DV0049 - ClipArt Selection

Edit the code to suit.

Note: with either method the images must be stored on the worksheet.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 00:04:57 -0700 (PDT), James8309
wrote:

Hi All,

I am trying to insert an image to Cell A1 to A3 if condition in Cell
B1 to B3 is met.

1. Pictures are saved under C:\Documents\Pictures\

2. Condition (Value in Cell B1,B2 and B3)
if value = "A" then insert 123.jpg
if value = "B" then insert 345.jpg
if value = "C" then insert 456.jpg

e.g. if cell B1 = "A" then insert 123.jpg in cell A1.

Ive done this so far,

Sub insert()
Dim myPath As String
Dim MyImage As String
myPath = "C:\Documents\Pictures\"

Range("B1").Activate
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(RC[-1]=""A"",
Activesheet.Pictures.Insert(myPath & 123.jpg),"")
.
.
.
.
End Sub

Q: How do I code in VBA to insert specific picture when conditions are
met? is it even possible?
if it is not, what is the best way to achieve the result that I am
looking for?

Thank you so much for your help.