Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Smart Akhtar Smart Akhtar is offline

Default Display the Browse for Folder Dialog

Hi nic

use this code to see the folders browser window
and select the folder as per your need.

Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFolderPicker). InitialFileName = "C:
\" ' Give your own path"
Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFolderPicker). Show

On Jun 3, 2:21*pm, wrote:
Hello,

I made a VBA EXCEL program *which can open, write and close a file
(.xml), I would like to know how to do so when I click on a
"CommandButton", a window appears which display the brtowse for folder
dialog

Kinds regards.

For now :
Private Sub CreateFile(Line As String)
Dim FileName As String
Dim NewLine As String
Dim X As String, w As String, RulesInform As String

Rulename = TextBox11.Value

* * X = Rulename
* * w = ".xml"

* * RulesInform = X & w

FileName = "C:\Documents and Settings\q737318\Desktop\AuToRules
\RESULT1\" & RulesInform
Dim FileNum As Integer
* * FileNum = FreeFile
* * NewLine = ReplaceTag(Line)
* * Open FileName For Append As #FileNum ' creates the file if it
doesn't exist
* * Print #FileNum, NewLine ' write information at the end of the text
file
* * Close #FileNum ' close the file
End Sub