Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
playerbigdog playerbigdog is offline

Default Visual Basic Chart Moving

Sorry to double post but i was wondering what the third and fourth lines mean
(i.e what does the 866# and 300# mean)?

ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 2").Activate
ActiveChart.ChartArea.Select
ActiveSheet.Shapes("Chart 2").IncrementLeft 866#
ActiveSheet.Shapes("Chart 2").IncrementTop 300#

"playerbigdog" wrote:

Hey, thanks.. those will help me out.. I appreciate the help boys...

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

You might try something like this

http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/200...rts-in-a-grid/
http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/200...rts-in-a-grid/

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"playerbigdog" wrote in message
Yeah i think you are the right track. This program generates approximately
50
diffent sheets which data for specific sities. While i run the program, i
can
see charts being generated but after the program is done running and it
saves
to my drive; i can not find my cahrts when i open the sheet.
Each sheet generates 25 different charts that are in a certain order and
place. This is what by placing each in a specific place in teh excel
sheet.

"Peter T" wrote:

Not sure what you mean by this

The program generates but after it moves the cahrts i
can not find them.

Do you mean code can no longer find the chart in future attempts, ie the
chart does not exist on the sheet, or you cannot visually locate it.

What do you mean by "specific area". Following is a guess at what you are
after

Sub test()
Dim cel As Range
Dim chtObj As ChartObject

Set chtObj = ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1")

Set cel = Range("D4")

With cel
chtObj.Left = cel.Left
chtObj.Top = cel.Top
End With

Peter T

"playerbigdog" wrote in message
How do you move a specific chart to specific area. Here is the original
code
(done in 2003 format). The program generates but after it moves the
cahrts
can not find them.