Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bonobo Bonobo is offline

Default Transpose range for drop down list

I would prefer not to change to a combobox... isn't there a similar way with
a drop down list?

"ctm" wrote:

Try using a Combobox instead and populate it with vba in a single row.
Private Sub ComboBox1_DropButtonClick()
ComboBox1.Clear
ComboBox1.AddItem Sheet1.Range("A1").Value
ComboBox1.AddItem Sheet1.Range("B1").Value
ComboBox1.AddItem Sheet1.Range("C1").Value
ComboBox1.AddItem Sheet1.Range("D1").Value
ComboBox1.AddItem Sheet1.Range("E1").Value
ComboBox1.AddItem Sheet1.Range("F1").Value
ComboBox1.AddItem Sheet1.Range("G1").Value
ComboBox1.AddItem Sheet1.Range("H1").Value
ComboBox1.AddItem Sheet1.Range("I1").Value
ComboBox1.AddItem Sheet1.Range("J1").Value
End Sub

"Bonobo" wrote in message
Hi there,

I have a drop down list which refers to a range of data.
As far as I understood, the range of data has to be defined vertically (in
column) to be used by the drop down list. My issue is that the range of
data
I would like to refer to is set in a row.. How can I link the drop down
list
to this horizontal range (ideally without copy pasting the range with
paste
special Transpose)?