Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John Schneider John Schneider is offline

Default Excel 2007 - Macro Shortcut Key Doesn't Work

Sorry I forgot to update this thread when I resolved the issue. The problem
was that I was not saving the workbook as a "Excel Macro-Enabled Workbook".

In the words of Homer Simpson: DOH!

"Jim Rech" wrote:

No, sorry, I don't know why this isn't working for you.

If you want to try the workbook that I just created it's attached. If you
can't get attached files email me.

--
Jim
"John Schneider" wrote in message
| Jim,
|
| Thanks for the response. Just tried created a new workbook from scratch,
| and I'm having the same problem. I've looked through all the settings I
can
| think of, but still can't get a simple shortcut to work.
|
| Any other ideas?
|
| "Jim Rech" wrote:
|
| Works okay here. Can you do it to a new workbook?
|
| --
| Jim
| "John Schneider" wrote in message
| | Using Excel 2007, I created a macro in the VB Editor. I then tried
| assigning
| | ctrl-h as the shortcut key: Developer Tab - Macros - Select newly
| created
| | macro - Options - h - OK - Cancel. When I go to a cell in the
| | spreadsheet and hit ctrl-h, I get the Find And Replace dialog, which I
| don't
| | need for this spreadsheet. I then tried using other keys instead of
"h".
| If
| | it is an unassinged key (i.e. "e"), I just get a beep. If it is a
default
| | key, I get the appropriate dialog. From what I've read, if you assign
| | shortcut key to one of the existing defaults (in this case "h"), it is
| | supposed to override the default.
| |
| | No matter what key I try to use, nothing works. What am I missing
here?
| |