Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Norman Jones[_2_] Norman Jones[_2_] is offline

Default VBA code to update row format

Hi Mark,

As the code works for me and also
worked for JW, It would appear likely
that the problem is particular to your
environment \ workbook.

If you would like me to look at a sample
problematic workbook, you may send it
to me:

norman_jones@NOSPAMbtconnectDOTcom

(Delete "NOSPAM" and replace "DOT" with a full stop [period] )

---
Regards.
Norman

"Mark Kubicki" wrote in message
sorry about that (by now I know I should be more explicit

I did set break points, and I don't see anything unusual. It steps thru
each line without issue... (it could be there is "something" going on,
but,
being self-tasught, I'm not certain what else to look for. This is
virtually
the only code in the workbook. In it's reduced version, this is the
entire
function:

Function UpdateRowColor(target As Range)
'This section effects changes to the "Project Name" column
If Not Intersect(target, Range("A:A")) Is Nothing Then
If target.Count 1 Then
Exit Function
Else
With target
Select Case .Value
Case Is = "CA"
Rows(target.Row & ":" &
target.Row).Select
Selection.Font.ColorIndex = 45
MsgBox "color is set to: " &
Selection.Font.ColorIndex
Case Is = "CD"
End Select
End With
End Function

again, thanks in advance,
Mark

"Norman Jones" wrote:

Hi Mark,

As indicated the code works for me.

Your response:

tried that... still nothing

adds little that might be used futher to assist
you, especially as you provide no indication
of your experience when you implemented
my suggestion:

Have you tried setting break points and
stepping through the code?