Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mark Kubicki[_3_] Mark Kubicki[_3_] is offline

Default VBA code to update row format

sorry about that (by now I know I should be more explicit

I did set break points, and I don't see anything unusual. It steps thru
each line without issue... (it could be there is "something" going on, but,
being self-tasught, I'm not certain what else to look for. This is virtually
the only code in the workbook. In it's reduced version, this is the entire
function:

Function UpdateRowColor(target As Range)
'This section effects changes to the "Project Name" column
If Not Intersect(target, Range("A:A")) Is Nothing Then
If target.Count 1 Then
Exit Function
Else
With target
Select Case .Value
Case Is = "CA"
Rows(target.Row & ":" & target.Row).Select
Selection.Font.ColorIndex = 45
MsgBox "color is set to: " &
Selection.Font.ColorIndex
Case Is = "CD"
End Select
End With
End Function

again, thanks in advance,
Mark

"Norman Jones" wrote:

Hi Mark,

As indicated the code works for me.

Your response:

tried that... still nothing

adds little that might be used futher to assist
you, especially as you provide no indication
of your experience when you implemented
my suggestion:

Have you tried setting break points and
stepping through the code?