Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
excelnut1954 excelnut1954 is offline

Default Macro to add code to ThisWorkbook module

From an end of day macro, a sub performs a Save-As to creates a new
file name for the same data. Can I add code to the new file
ThisWorkbook module that will also perform a Save-As to create a third
file?

Ex: Macro in file First.xls performs Save-As to create file
Second.xls.
The same macro will add code in ThisWorkbook module of Second.xls that
will perform Save-As to create file named Third.xls.

Is this possible? I'm trying to do a work around that will free up the
file Second.xls when users open it up. This, so an end of day macro
can update Second.xls even if opens up that file before the report is
run.

Hope this makes sense.
Thanks
j.o.