Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] ihorganization@yahoo.com is offline

Default Statistical Analysis

Hi,

I have a probability problem to solve, and I hope you can please
help. There are 5 total possible events, 3 of which can occur
simultaneously at any given time (hence, order is not an issue). The
events are called A, B, C, D, E, F. I created a square in excel with
each event occupying a different row/column:

A B C D E F

The whole point is to figure out how often certain events occur with
another. So, if A, D, and E occur the table should recognize that A
has occurred once, and D and E occurred once with it and that D
occurred with A and E, and so on:

A B C D E F
A 1 1 1
D 1 1 1
E 1 1 1

If at another time event A, D, F occur, it should now calculate this
and add it to the table from before. So A and D occurred together
again, hence a total of 2 times:

A B C D E F
A 2 2 1 1
D 2 2 1
E 1 1 1
F 1 1 1

My list contains hundreds of rows, each with 3 columns, each column
names one of the 5 possible events, 3 at any given time.

Is there a way to link all those events to this one table to get a
final result?

Thanks!