Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JW[_2_] JW[_2_] is offline

Default trigger worksheet activate event in another worksheet

On Jun 2, 7:11*am, Raj wrote:
Hi,

I have some code written in the worksheet activate event of
Worksheet1. This creates a pivot table in Worksheet2 and writes some
other data *to Worksheet1 based on this pivot table. I want the same
thing to happen when Worksheet2 is activated *ie the code in Worksheet
activate event Iin Worksheet 1 should run, create the pivot table in
Worksheet2 and then write the data in Worksheet 1.

Any ideas on how to do this? Specifically, can I use Worksheet2's
activate event to activate Worksheet 1 whose code should then get
triggered? Will it result in an infinite loop. In which case, how do I
break the loop.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards,
Raj

Why not just place the code in a regular module and then call that
code from each active event?

Regular module
Sub YourCode()
'Your Code Here
End Sub

Then, in each of the worksheet modules, place this
Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
YourCode
End Sub