Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jaybird[_3_] Jaybird[_3_] is offline

Default VBA Function for Match and Offset

No, I actually do. But not at this particular point. I'm using
offset to give me the data in the cells adjacent to the cell
containing the ID. There is another method I am considering, but I
haven't gotten it to work:

dim rng as range, cell as cell
dim wr as long

rw=2
set rg=range(cells(1,"H"),cells(rows.count,"H").end(xl up))
for each cell in rg
if cell.value=[whatever the id input method is] then
cell.entirerow.copy destination:worksheets("Sheet2").Cells(rw,1)
rw=rw+1
end if
next

Or some such; the above is incomplete. Much of it was borrowed from
an earlier post to the forum. I'm trying to figure out how to
integrate your find statement with the above and present the results
in a way that the user can understand without having to know specifics
about what is actually happening. This is actually a good project for
me. I lack knowledge and experience, but I hope to gain a little of
both from this excercise. I appreciate the assistance.