Jamie Furlong

"garfield-n-odie" wrote in message
Right-click on the My Computer icon on the Windows desktop, left-click on
Disconnect Network Drive, and disconnect any mapped drives that are not
currently available.

Thanks! It works! Having got a load of drives including one of those 6 in
one card readers, I'd not noticed the little "n" drive remaining from when I
networked the PC to another about 6 months ago. This is the ONLY app that
behaves like this - where's the best place to report this bug? Clearly
others know about it, so no point starting another bug track!

Jamie Furlong wrote:

Problem: Excel 2003 takes a LONG time (up to 15 seconds) to move between
folders when trying to open a file - note, the file opening itself is
fine.
System: Excel 2003 (ALL Office 2003 patches) Win XP SP2, 3Ghz cpu, 1Gb
RAM, all other apps work fine.
I've found lots and lots of newsgroup posts, all asking about the same
thing, but no replies. Here's another go at it!
I've emptied temp folders, have lots of free space, drive is not fragged,
no events in eventvwr, cpu is running running high when Excel freezes for
that time.
Tried virus scanner off to.

Help, it's driving me nuts! Thanks