Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default VBA Function for Match and Offset

yes
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Jaybird" wrote in message
Dim i As Long
Dim mr As String

Do you mean Dim myvalue as String?

In any case, I'm still getting the error. But I have a couple of
other questions while you are kind enough to help me:
-Does the offset function work as you have written it? I am
unfamiliar with the way in which these functions are interpreted by
VBA, but I understood that it needed to be something like:
APPLICATION.OFFSET(J2,0,3)
-Doesn't the message box need to be something like MsgBox(myvalue)
-My version is Excel 2003. Could there be any missing references that
would cause my code not to behave as yours does?

Okay, that's three question... At least I can count.