Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Robert Bencomo Robert Bencomo is offline

Default sheet formulas and strings

Hi!.... this is a two part newbie question:

1) if any cell has the following data: "sheet" & A1
(where cell A1 contains an integeter value), does Excel merge the
string and integer value into a single STRING??

For example, if A1 holds an int value of 3, will Excel convert
the entire expression into a string value of "sheet3"???

2) Does excel have a function that will convert a string value into
a sheet reference??? I seem to be having problems with the
following formula:

("sheet" & A1)!F1 + F2

Basically, my sheets are labeled sheet1, sheet2 and sheet3, and the
above formula is supposed to select a sheet based on the contents of cell
A1.
Can ("sheet" & A1) somehow be converted to a sheet pointer or something??

Hope that wasn't too confusing! Thanks so much!