Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jay Jay is offline

Default Invalid procedure call trying to use FormatConditions

Hello all,

I'm trying to set the conditional formats for a whole group of cells, but I
keep getting a error.

Error: Run-time error '5': Invalid procedure call or argument.

I can't understand what is causing the error. Below is my code, I hope
someone can help me solve this. No matter how much I look at it, I can't see
the issue. Nothing I've tried has worked.

I don't set the value of the formatting in one shot (using range) because
each row the formula is different. I did try doing it using Range but it
didn't solve the problem.

maxRow = wrk.UsedRange.Rows.Count
For rowNum = 3 To maxRow
For colNum = 50 To 52
strCellFormula = "=($AX$" & rowNum & "=0)"
With wrk.Cells(rowNum, colNum)
.FormatConditions.Delete
.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Operator:=xlNotEqual,
Formula1:=strCellFormula
.FormatConditions(1).Font.ColorIndex = ZERO_VALUE_CELLS_COLOR_INDEX
End With
Next colNum
Next rowNum

I'd appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks.
--
Disregard, this is so I can find my post later.
***postedbyJay***