Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Raj[_2_] Raj[_2_] is offline

Default Preventing change of a cell value

Hi,

Value in column A determines values in other cells in the same row.
I want the user to be warned before changing the value in column A
that the contents of the row will be deleted as values in other cells
depend on the value in column A. I am using the worksheet change event
for this. Unfortunately, this works only after the value in Column A
is changed. The code I am using in the worksheet change event is:
If Inputsheet.Cells(Selection.Row, 9) < "". Then etc.

Here column 9 is selected as the value in column 9 is derived through
a series of changes in the intervening columns: all decided by the
value in column 1(A).

Any help on how to prevent change to cell in column A before changing
the value will be welcome.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards,
Raj