Conrad Carlberg

Depends on what was protected and how it was protected. There are password
crackers available for free on the web -- do a Google Groups search using
"excel" "password" "cracker" as keywords. You'll find VBA code that you can
cut and paste into a VBA module; when you run that code, you'll eventually
(in a few seconds) be shown a password that you can use to unprotect a
worksheet. But if the worksheet has been protected more strictly, maybe via
protecting a VB project, there's no inexpensive and straightforward
solution, at least not one that I know of.

Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

--
C^2
Conrad Carlberg

Excel Sales Forecasting for Dummies, Wiley, 2005

"Bowling265" wrote in message
I have an excel worksheet that has been protected and I can't remember the
passowrd. Any ideas on how to unprotect the spreadsheet