Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
PeteCresswell[_2_] PeteCresswell[_2_] is offline

Default .XLA's Code Not Available?

On May 29, 9:27 pm, "Norman Jones"
wrote:
Hi Pete,

there is only one Intermediate window).

That's how it seems - since prior commands that I've typed in to the
window persist whether I'm coming to the window from ABC.xls or
the .XLA.

But it acts differently depending on whether I invoke it from ABC.xls
or the .XLA.

Alternatively, if you set a reference in your
ABC workbook to the xla, the functions
and subs will be avqailable in to you as if
they were native to the ABC workbook.

I tried the Reference approach - and Excel allowed me to set the ref.
But it still doesn't recoginize the Sub when I go to the Immediate
window from ABC.XLS.

I'm 99% sure I wasn't having this problem several weeks ago when I
consolodated all my code into a .XLA (and then, foolishly, moved it
back to the .XLS...) - and I don't know enough to have been setting a
reference or anything at that time.... all I was doing was having
both .XLS and .XLA open at the same time.

So my money's still on Yours Truly doing something dumb.

But what?

Could the method of importing the code into the .XLA have anything to
do with it? When I exported, the qualifier defaulted to .CLS and I
changed it to .BAS.... and then imported the .BAS text files into
the .XLA.