Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sam Wilson Sam Wilson is offline

Default error 9 - simple code

Rather than "If wb.FullName = path2 or path3 Then Exit Sub"

use "If wb.FullName = path2 or wb.fullname = path3 Then Exit Sub"

"PBcorn" wrote:

I omitted to mention that i had added an "or" as follows:

If wb.FullName = path2 or path3 Then Exit Sub

which seems to cause the problem. using two if statments is not a solution
as obviously the exit sub of the first negates the second.

I could just write two subs but is there a better way?

"PBcorn" wrote:

to open a workbook if it is not already open:

dim path as string

path = " letter:\...\\workbook.xls"

If Workbooks(path).IsOpen = False Then
workbooks.open filename:=path

Gives subscript out of range. The solutions i found by searching the forum
are a bit long-winded - why doesn't the above work?