Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
fedude fedude is offline

Default Another last row in column question - with a twist.

OK, I've read ad nauseam all the posts about finding the last row in a column
with data. I couldn't find what I need. I have a slightly different
question that I could use some help with.

Lots of columns. In the "middle" of each column are 48 rows for a test
scores. They are by date with the earliest date starting at row 14 and the
latest test date at row 61. If a person did not take the test, the column is
blank, otherwise their score is in the cell.

For each of these students, I need to find the date at which they have the
last score. So I need to search back starting at row 61 to row 14 to find the
first non-blank cell and then record the date somehow.

Is this something I can do with the existing excel formulas? If so I came
up empty. My thought was to insert a custom function in each column.

TIA!