Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
keepITcool keepITcool is offline

Default Registry syntax to ensure that an addin is opened readonly ?

It's been a long time since I've visited this forum where I used to be
a very frequent poster. Hi to all my old friends.

Question:
I must ensure that an addin is opened in readonly mode, by all users
except 1. This user must be able to maintain a few tables in the addin.

We've a plethore of problems since my client switched to excel 2007,
esspecially with swapping readonly/readwrite. Addin has been been
running for years all the way thru 2003. Ofcourse the client could set
RO fileattributes in explorer, but client is not too pc savvy....

I remember there's a trick with a startup switch in the registry's OPEN
entry, but can't find it.

Anyone?

Jurgen Volkerink
aka keepITcool.