Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Geoff Geoff is offline

Default Avoiding verbose code

Hi
Two custom menu buttons execute the same basic code but with one additional
function provided by the second button.
To avoid repeating the basic (lengthy) code in two modules it would be great
if I could detect which button was selected.
If this is possible then, noting the additional function is executed part
way through the basic code, the pseudo code would look like this:

Sub MenuSetUp()
btn1.OnAction = "MainProc"
btn2.OnAction = "MainProc"
End Sub

Sub MainProc()
basic code
If btn2 selected then do additional function
rest of basic code
End Sub

I'm guessing each button must have a click event to trigger its OnAction
statement but how do I trap this? I'd appreciate any help on this.

Geoff