Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_2025_] Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_2025_] is offline

Default Correcting time input by users

But the CDate worked in XL97, right?

As for the Replace function, you might be able to use one of the VB coded
functions on this page to duplicate the Replace function's capabilities...

http://www.xbeat.net/vbspeed/c_Replace.htm

You can find other VB coded functions for the other newer String functions
under the VB6 to VB5 column on this webpage...

http://www.xbeat.net/vbspeed/

Rick

"Sandy Mann" wrote in message
Very good Rick. My XL97 doesn't like Replace being used like that but
something to remember when I become posh. <g

--

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote in
message ...
Also, in thinking about it, instead of this test...

If IsNumeric(Target) Then Exit Sub

maybe this one would be more robust...

If Not IsDate(Target.Value) Then Exit Sub

Rick

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote
in message ...
If Right(UCase(Target.Value), 2) = "AM" Then _
Target.Value = Left(Target.Value, Len(Target.Value) - 2) & "
AM"

If Right(UCase(Target.Value), 2) = "PM" Then _
Target.Value = Left(Target.Value, Len(Target.Value) - 2) & "
PM"

I believe you can replace the above code lines with this single line...

Target.Value = CDate(Target.Value)

and it will successfully handle 10:00p and 10:00a also. Of course, it
returns the seconds as well, but the cell can be Custom Formatted to
handle that; or we could just do it in code...

Target.Value = Replace(CDate(Target.Value), ":00 ", " ")

Rick