Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Cone[_2_] Jim Cone[_2_] is offline

Default Prevent "[File] now available for editing" popup

Try setting the "Notify" parameter to False in the Open method code.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Glenn"
wrote in message
Hi
I have some code that opens a file that MUST be writable so that it
can update some data and save it. To ensure it is writable I do a
check for Readonly = True, and if this is the case (ie someone else
has it open), I start a loop of closing the file waiting some time and
opening it again. This resolves conflicts that I expect only to last a
few seconds.
This works well. The loop exists when it finds ReadOnly = False and
the rest of the code executes.
However Excel then pops up the standard "The file is now available for
editing" dialog with a couple of options. I don't want the user to see
this. is there anyway i can prevent Excel being 'helpful' and stopping
the dialog box appearing? Application.screenupdating is no good as
this happens after my code has executed.
Cheers
Glenn