baz

Default Help PLEASE! Not sure what answer is: Match? Index? Other?

Please post response as email is bogus to prevent spam.

I have posted this query to the misc board also. I just need some
direction.

I am using Excel 2003. I hope I am clear in my description of my need.

I get a weekly sales report and want to roll the numbers up into a
ROLL UP sheet. The roll up will be static but the weekly sheet is
dynamic (can fluctuate in the reporting). Universal to both is a store
number, a UPC (identifier), and amount sold.

The weekly sales will appear across columns (for tracking purposes).
Example: 06-09-05 data will appear in column D, 06-15-05 data will
appear in column E, etc.

The other info will be like shown down column A:

(Store)101
Item 1
Item 2
Item 3
(Store)102
Item 1
Item 2
Item 3

In the roll up I want to put a function that will search the weekly
data (I know I will have to change source page name in the function
weekly) that will give me any sales for store 101 of the three items.
Each week I will build a new function for the column I want the data
to appear in.

Now, items may have sales, so the store number would show up with item
and amount, or if there are no sales store number may not appear on
weekly report.

I have tried to think this out but not sure how to proceed. Is this a
Match function, an Index function, or a combo of both?

I appreciate any help or solution.

Thanks in advance,

baz