Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Still learning@work Still learning@work is offline

Default Macro

How do I apply this formula to convert the entire column?
"JW" wrote:

On May 29, 12:54 pm, Still learning@work
wrote:
I am importing information from an AS400 to an Excel spreadsheet. The date
imports as 20080528. Is it possible to write a macro that will insert the
date markers (/) at set intervals?

I have never written a macro but do understand the theory behind them. Any
help would be appreciate.

If you are wanting to do this after the import, I would just use a
formula instead of a macro.
There are a few different ways to do this, but assuming 20080528 is in
E2.
=LEFT(E2,4) &"/" & MID(E2,5,2) & "/" & RIGHT(E2,2)