Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Roger That[_2_] Roger That[_2_] is offline

Default VBA to VB6 DLL, interface split to support Excel 2000-2003, 2007

Peter,

Thanks for the replies. I developed the XLA add-in using Excel 2000 and
it works on Excel 2000-2007 but I need to take advantage of the Ribbon in
Excel 2007 which is the second reason for porting this to a DLL (first being
code security).

You didn't say if you intend to make a dll to be called by an xla wrapper,
or a ComAddin.

I guess I don't know what the difference is between using an XLA wrapper
vs a COM add-in. I was just hoping to have all of the code ported from the
original XLA into a DLL with the exception of user preferences stored on the
XLA worksheets and the code for generating/configuring the menubar/commandbar
items and wanted to know if that was possible before attempting it. I guess
I am most concerned about how to handle the global variable that takes care
of the connection to the web service - initially that would be the most
important part.

You mentioned "userform", VB6 does not use Office type Userforms but
something that looks superficially similar but is in fact very different.

Thanks for the info - I have been learning about this from the book - Ch
20 (A Hello World ActiveX DLL)

- Remember to qualify all Excel object declarations, eg
Dim ws As Excel.Worksheet, rng As Excel.Range
Sub foo(wb as Excel.Workbook)

Thanks for that information as well - that will probably be a bit of a
learning curve for me. And thanks for all your help!

Sincerely,
Roger