Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joel joel is offline

Default For next doesn't loop

You should increment a loop count yourself like i. Let the for do it for you

For i = 0 to 9 step 2
BuildChkSum = Mid(1234567899, i + 1, 1) * 10 - i
ChkSum = ChkSum + BuildChkSum
Next i

" wrote:

Hi guys,

At the end of a long, hard day slaving over a keyboard I'm befuddled
by something that should be easy (or so I thought).

For some reason the for next in the following doesn't loop!?!

Sub Test()
Dim i, BuildChkSum, ChkSum As Integer
For i = 0 To i = 9
BuildChkSum = Mid(1234567899, i + 1, 1) * 10 - i
ChkSum = ChkSum + BuildChkSum
i = i + 1
Next i
Debug.Print i
Debug.Print ChkSum
End Sub

i comes out as 2 in the debug statement when I hoped it would be 9 -
seeing as it's not looping shouldn't it be 1?

Any ideas?

Cheers,
JF