Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mark Stephens Mark Stephens is offline

Default Excel 2007 VBA versus excel 2003

Hi Norman,

A big thank you that is very helpful (especially the pointers to links that
deal with potential sticky arreas) thanks again, kind regards, mark

"Norman Jones" wrote in message
Hi Mark,

From the standpoint of VBA, you should have
very little difficulty making the transition as any
changes are relatively minor:

- the previously problematic FileSearch has
been dropped

- dealing with shapes requires care(see Ron
de Bruin at:

Shapes and VBA code in Excel 2007
http://www.rondebruin.nl/shape.htm

- Toolbar customisation changes with the advent
of the Ribbon - see Ron de Bruin at:

Change the ribbon in Excel 2007
http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm

- Graphics handling is reportedly very slow -
perform a Google search for: graphics 2007

Any transition to Excel 2007 does, however,
does involve a learning curve for Excel's GUI.

Personally, I have experienced little difficulty in
making the change, but that is not a universal
experience.

---
Regards.
Norman
"Mark Stephens" wrote in message
Hi all,

I am returning to programming after a few years I was pretty proficient
in excel 2003 and when I finished I was aware that 2003 code often didn't
run in 2007 for some trivial reasons (rounded corners didn't work I
recall). Can anyone give me an opinion on the ease with which someone who
knows 2003 can transfer to 2007 is it a walk in the park or a real pain
or somewehre in between?

Kind regards, Mark